NCAA Core Values
THE NCAA SHALL STRIVE TO ACHIEVE ITS VISION AND IMPLEMENT ITS MISSION WHILE OBSERVING THE FOLLOWING CORE VALUES:
- Valuing people and
- Accountability to stakeholders.
NCAA Objectives / Functions
THE OBJECTIVES / FUNCTIONS OF THE NCAA AS STATED IN THE ORDINANCE ARE:
- To conserve and develop the natural resources of the Conservation Area
- To promote tourism within the Conservation Area and to provide and encourage the provision of facilities and infrastructure necessary or expedient for the promotion of tourism
- To safeguard and promote the interests of Maasai citizens of the United Republic engaged in cattle ranching and dairy industry within the Conservation Area
- To promote and regulate the development of forestry within the Conservation Area
- To construct such roads, bridges, aerodromes, buildings and fences, to provided such water supplies and carry out such other works and activities as the Board of Directors may consider necessary for the purpose of the development and protection of the Conservation Area
- To do all such acts and things, which in the opinion of the Board, may be necessary to uphold and support the credit of the NCA and justify public confidence, and to avert and minimize any loss to the authority
- To do anything and enter into any transaction which in the opinion of the board, is calculated to facilitate the proper and efficient exercise by the Authority of its functions under this act, including:
- The carrying out of the activities of the NCA in participation with any other person
- The acquisition, by the agreement, of the interests in companies and firms engaged in activities in which the NCA may lawfully be engaged under this act, and the management of the affairs or the continuance of the business of such companies and firm;
- The establishment of branches within the United Republic or elsewhere.